Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Food for Thought...

Many have wondered why I'm such a 'staunch advocator of privacy'. Believe me, I've had my fill of inquisitions. It never ceases to surprise me why some individuals will go to great lengths to ask questions they know the answers to in advance. Is it just that they wish to test my principles and desire to note my reaction? Does it not dawn upon their minds that I'm fully capable of understanding the sincerety - if any - to their questions, aside from another set of ideas which may be totally different in the back of their head?

Alas, that contemplation by itself renders answers. We all know that we're living on an ever-changing world, where humanity is constantly being motivated and catapulted into different areas of self-discovery. It's human nature to explore. What we do with what we find is another story altogether. At this point, some might think, "Where is she leading with this?". Ahhh, patience grasshopper.

In the beginning, the caveman peeked into another cave and got bopped on the head. And sticks and stones served the justice. The message was clear: "Stay out of my hovel and my business". Hence, it's human nature to protect what we deem significant to our personal existences.


We will now fast-forward into an era where our innate curiosities have unfolded us into whole new different neighborhoods of realities and concepts. The soul/spirit/mind have become new platforms where many seek to investigate. Unfortunately, not without much respect as they delude themselves into believing that this is an 'open-field without red traffic lights'. Nyette! If anything, these areas are even more sacred.


Invasion of privacy starts slowly. For those that cannot begin to respect the 'physical privacy' of another person's physical events, then what would stop their immoral behaviour from doing the same course of action in areas deemed or considered to be more sacred? Would they stop at the threshold and ask "permission" to enter? Or would they think, "Hey! I have an ability to spy on someone else's mind and I can get away with it, because there are no laws here, and I will go tell everyone about it".

Oh ye of little wisdom. Has not your soul informed you that laws exist everywhere? And what right have you to invade the privacy of another's mind? Or is this too far-fetched for you? Unrealistic for you, perhaps? Do you really believe that such a reality has not already unfolded into our evolutionary journey as the species of life that we be? If so, the stork dropped you on the wrong time-line.

See .... we've arrived at that point. Hence, it's so refreshing when someone bravely walks forward and casts forth a solid 'reminder of what we should be doing' as the proper species of life we were meant to be.


Privacy is everyone's right. No matter what platform it falls upon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only one perasive thought sticks in my head after reading this enlightening blog entry, and that is, why indeed would anyone seek to ask questions to which he or she already knows the answers?

Could it be that such answers have been forgotten, or misplaced amidst all the gooey 'grey matter' upstairs? Or possibly, the asker doesn't know the answers at all, to begin with, and really would LIKE to know and try to understand them?

Some people seem to be rather more 'gifted' than others, in ascertaining what people 'know' and what they do not know. Others of us really do NOT 'know' or have momentarily 'forgotten' information previously learned, much to our own personal embarrassment.

Perhaps it becomes difficult to be 'gentle' and patient, with those of us not yet so capable? I know I'm one who tries never to 'ask about that which I already know', especially in order to get a rise out of another; such would feel like an exercise in futility and merely bring on hard feelings.

But when I do pose a question to which I don't have the answer, or to which I have either forgotten the answer or somehow 'mislaid' it somewhere in my 'computer-noggin', it is in no way intended to frustrate or belittle; it is instead an attempt to get 'back on track' and relocate or even discover anew, some of those answers that I'm somehow supposed to already know.

Would really like to read some feedback on this; it's an interesting concept, to me.

Anonymous said...

I liked reading this informative blog and this post was very edifying. We need the reminder of how so important privacy is. Reading this blog gave me new faith that no matter what happens there will always be some brave people to step forward and to reinstill what seems to be slipping away. What a good feeling! I admire the owner of this blog for starting it. This world needs to be reminded more.
I will be returning occasionally to read up on the results. Ofcourse not everyone agrees but this only shows to what extent we have slipped.
There are countless examples of privacy invasion throughout our world. It can be so depressing to see all this spreading so fast. Thank you to the one who started this blog. God bless.